Feyenoord v. Ajax (Game Day Glam) | The Makeup Mixup


The prompt this week for the Makeup Mixup (shoutout to Miranda and Jaelan for hosting!) really got me thinking. I do not watch or follow any sports and you'll never catch me on the sidelines of any field in the United States. However soccer or, voetbal, in Holland is something to take seriously. This week I drew inspiration from a pair of rivaling teams in the Netherlands, Feyenoord and Ajax. These are two of the top voetbal teams from two major cities; Rotterdam (F) and Amsterdam (A). 

To create this look I primed my eyes using Urban Decay's Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I layered the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow in Too Cool on top of the primer to help any additional eyeshadows pop. Using Brick, Bridesmaid and Porcelain from my custom-built Morphe Brushes Eyeshadow Palette, I created a gradient of dark red and white from outer corner to inner corner. To deepen and define the outer corners of my eyes I applied Burgundy from my Lorac PRO Matte palette. I then curled my lashes, and applied a coat of L'OrĂ©al's Miss Manga ROCK Waterproof Mascara to both the top and bottom lash lines. To create the stars on my right eye I used a fine-tip paintbrush and white acrylic paint. For the golden line on my left eye I applied a gold shimmer shadow (de-potted, unknown) with a liner brush and layered e.l.f Essential Liquid Eyeliner in Copper on top.


Because my eye makeup is so heavy I opted for a medium-full coverage foundation for this look. I started by prepping my skin with Glossier's Priming Moisturizer and applied Catrice's All Matt Foundation in the shade 010 Light Beige on top. I lightly brightened the under-eye area with the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly and covered any blemishes using this product as well. Eyebrows were filled with a combination of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade and Brow Wiz, both in the shade Taupe. I contoured and shaped my face with the Sephora Blush in Tranquil, and highlighted with NARS Albatross. To finish the look I applied a coat of the MAC Bao Bao Wan Lipstick in Romantic Breakdown (which I believe is no longer available). 
Much Love,
-Stephanie Eva

Labels: ,