Something Old | LUSH


In case you didn't know, I am the biggest LUSH advocate of the century. Well, at least in New England. Last week I made a restocking visit and of course picked up a few new products along the way. This ultimately inspired me to created this "something old, something new" blog post. Ideally I would have shared both old and new products at the same time, but after I finished my writing, I realized how long of a post that would actually be. Part two is now up!


Old Friends

Eau Roma Water, both full-size and travel, is something I just can't seem to live without. I love the mix of rose and lavender in this toner water, it not only soothes my skin but also my mind. One unfortunate bit of information I recently learned; it contains parabens. On LUSH's website, it says that they only use parabens when absolutely necessary (and try to use the lowest amount they can get away with). My concern? Repeated exposure to parabens has been linked to cancer, something that runs wild and free throughout my family health-history. I'm not a super health freak when it comes to known/suspected carcinogens, but it's something I like to keep in the forefront of my mind when choosing my products. None of my other skincare products contain parabens, so for now I feel confident that this won't cause me much harm, but it's certainly something to keep in mind for the future. SIDE NOTE If you're interested, I use the Boots Botanics Rosewater Toning Spritz in my morning skincare routine. It is a lovely paraben-free alternative, and 100% organic. 

LUSH's bath bombs are also old and dear friends, however, the two bath bombs I bought in my recent trip to LUSH were new to me. The first, I cannot remember the name. I looked on their website to see if I could find it, and unfortunately came up empty handed. At first glance, I was certain this bath bomb would smell of lemons. It is a beautiful bright yellow, after all. Surprisingly, this little guy smells softly of green apples (Kiki, you'd love this one!!) and while it is yellow on the inside, is has a blue core with a little extra surprise packed inside. The water turns this really cool "toxic sludge" or radioactive green, and leaves your skin SUPER SOFT (as do all of LUSH's bombs). I'd say that if you're a fan of fruity apple, this bath bomb is for you. I loved it, but still prefer my go-to Avobath. 


The LUSH associate I chatted with told me the cute story behind this green Guardian of the Forest bath bomb. Its key ingredient, rosewood oil, comes from a forest that LUSH bought to save it from being torn down. They collect the branches of the rosewood trees that have fallen to the ground, and extract the rosewood oil for their products from them. Sounds super hippy-fun to me! This bath bomb leaves the water a beautiful deep blue/green with a mesmerizing shimmer. If you've ever experienced the drink "Viniq", you'll know what I mean when I say it looks like that!


FUN is FUN! I've mentioned it before in a vlog (I think?) that I've always wanted to buy every single color they make so I can have a FUN RAINBOW. When I saw that they were selling packages of rainbows, I asked the associate if this was always a thing. She said it was new and that from now on if you wanted to buy a package of an individual color you'd have to order it online. I'm glad I didn't buy each individual color before their rainbow package came out! You can use FUN as a bubble bath, body soap, shampoo, whatever tickles your fancy. Who doesn't love THE ULTIMATE multi-functioning product!?
Much Love,
-Stephanie Eva

Labels: ,